In Your Defense After A Felony Arrest Or Charges
A misdemeanor or felony conviction on your record can hamper your life’s goals in countless ways. No matter how unfair you believe the charges to be, it is always worth your while to fight for the best outcome attainable in your case. What seems like a minor criminal case can set you up for worse consequences if you find yourself in trouble with the law in the future. Felony charges are especially harmful, but even a misdemeanor conviction now may mean that the next time you are accused of wrongdoing, you will face felony charges.
At Scott, Burney & Associates, our defense attorneys look at the big picture and take the long view while at the same time addressing your pressing issues now. For example, if you have been taken to jail, we understand the importance of getting you out right away so that you can go on with your life. Meanwhile, we will gather all the facts to help us design a strategy that will prevent a felony on your record if at all possible.
Representing You Vigorously At Every Stage Of Your Felony Case
Penalties in felony cases are naturally harsher than those in misdemeanor cases. Our skilled, responsive lawyers work quickly to discover the most advantageous defenses when our clients have been arrested or charged with felonies such as:
- Aggravated assault, a second-degree felony
- Third-degree, second degree or first-degree domestic violence (for two or more instances of domestic assault within a year)
- Manslaughter, murder or criminally negligent homicide
- Arson and other types of serious vandalism
- Kidnapping, unlawful restraint or smuggling of persons
- White collar or other financial crimes resulting in high-dollar losses
- Possession of opioids (other than legitimately prescribed medications) and other serious drug crimes
- Driving while intoxicated for the third time or DWI resulting in someone’s serious injury or death
In all cases, our defense attorneys work stealthily toward the best outcome we can bring about on your behalf such as:
- Case dismissed
- Deferred adjudication
- Acquittal at trial
- Reduction of charges and/or penalties
Contact An Experienced Defense Lawyer
Your future is too important to leave to chance. If you are facing criminal charges, let our Aledo and Forth Worth-area law firm provide the caliber of defense counsel that you need at this critical time.